maggior;276558 Wrote:
> Oh, OK.  I thought the name squeezeslave seemed odd.

I believe squeezeslave was kind of an experiment by Richard Titmuss
(the writer of SoftSqueeze), to see if a SlimProto player could be made
in C++ rather than Java.  Right after he made it he got hired by
Logitech but development has been taken over by others.

SoftSqueeze doesn't use or need firmware.  If you're using it in SC7,
make sure to select it through Extras - SoftSqueeze in order to get
SoftSqueeze 3.6.

BTW is it too early to start a new naming convention, SS = SoftSqueeze,
not SlimServer, which is now discontinued?  I thought of typing in "SS"
for SoftSqueeze.  :-)

--
Mark Lanctot