Hello all,

I'm running SC7 on WinXP and have 3 hardware players on our home
network.  I have our music stored as FLAC files.  Normally I've had the
server set up to pass FLAC natively to the boxes.  I disabled both mp3
and WAV conversions in the settings of the server.

I recently set up a VPN at home.  I'm now able to connect to my home
network from work.  Naturally I'd like to use softsqueeze to listen
from work.  But due to bandwidth constraints I've enabled mp3 to the
"flac/lame" setting.  I left the FLAC setting to "Native."  I bitrate
limited the Softsqueeze player to 128kbps.  Softsqueeze now works great
through my VPN.

My question is, while I do have bitrate limiting enabled for the
softsqueeze player, is the server smart enough to only use lame for the
bitrate limited player?  Is it still sending full resolution FLAC file
to my hardware players?  I guess the server setup page is not quite
verbose enough for my tastes.

Any clarity that can be shown on this topic would be appreciated.

Mike

--
web161