MrSinatra;278224 Wrote:
> why kill it?  it is useful for some people.  if u don't like it, set
> your prefs to fixed output.  whats the big deal?
>
> i wouldn't call u a troll however.  just misguided.

I personally do not mind the volume controls on the box, but I do not
use them.  I set the volume to max and use the amplifer volume control
instead. I do know a lot of people (parent generation) that get
confused with what for me is a very simple interface. For them it makes
no sense that the volume can be adjusted several places (but I do
understand the usefulness if the device is hooked up to active speakers
with no remote volume control capability).

Remote controls have generally for far too long been excluded from
proper and simple design. I have not used the new Controller yet, but I
am sure it is a big step in the right direction.

--
Espen