I have had a Squeezebox v3 for a year or so, connected wirelessly with
no problems.

Just this morning, I discovered that the wireless signal strength had
suddenly dropped to 41% and I was getting a test throughput of less
than 50% at 128kbps.  Plainly no good.

I tried all the obvious things: netstumbler showed no change in local
interfering networks, I tried changing the channel, resetting my router
to factory defaults: no good.

Finally in desperation I reset my Squeezebox to factory defaults.
Bingo - it's working again.

But what went wrong?  The day before yesterday I upgraded to SC 7 and
my firmware went from 81 (I think, or thereabouts) to 86.  Is that a
coincidence or is there possibly some wireless issues in the new
firmware?  I'm using WPA, if that is relevant.

Any ideas?

--
bstrulo