On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 1:50 PM, Kyle <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is SC 7 more of a resource hog than 6.3, which I am currently using?  I
> am running from an old Windows laptop, which I am not certain could
> handle a larger load and still be available for web browsing and email.

I think there have been reports of slowness from people running SC7 on
non-dedicated machines.  The shift of processing burden from server to web
browser is not as important if they are running on the same machine.  One
way to mitigate this is to use the classic skin instead of the new
browser-buster default.  Also using the most modern browser you can that has
a fast javascript engine will help.  Opera and FF3 (beta 4 out today) would
be good candidates.

Ben