Michael Herger;278976 Wrote:
> Are you running the service under a certain account? If so, maybe that
> user doesn't have the privileges to install services. But it's nothing
> critical if MySQL can be run as a process. It just takes a bit longer
> to start SC.

You know this has been a question of mine ever since SS's MySQL was
first installed as a service...

Over the weekend I installed the SC 7.0 release using the Windows
installer, then I ran the service enabler.  I decided to let it keep
running with the bundled MySQL rather than the other MySQL server that
I have running on the machine.  This is the first time in quite a while
that I've had the EXE version of SS/SC running.

What I'm seeing is that the bundled MySQL service is being started and
stopped whenever the SqueezeCenter service is started and stopped.  Is
that the expected behavior?  If so, the question I then have is what's
advantage?  MySQL as a service won't start or stop any faster than
MySQL run as a user program.

--
JJZolx

Jim