slimkid wrote:
> Thks for taking time to think about it without resorting to cynical
> personal attacks. However, I'll have to ask you to review your facts.
> It turns out that, in Switzerland, employer tops up by 100% whatever
> amount emplyee have to contribute, and then some more.
>
> http://www.bioalps.org/Bioalps/FHomePageBioalps.aspx?tokenPage=h-ciecAdyG10SYrFQTu01AdheI4rxKjQhEPfTrvysX0%29%29
>
> My point on whole this excercise is that there are many areas that can
> influence a price, and that we, unless deailing with it, may not be
> avare of them and tend to ignore them. In my post, I merely suggested
> that some other aspects are taken into consideration.

Nonsense, the only relevant aspects are taxes and transport costs.

> Having said that, I do believe that the main reaason why companies
> charge what they do in certain market is because they can (or in case
> of US, because they have to if they want to be there).

Not enough competition. On other networking equipment the price
differences are minimal (if taxes are taken into account). In the end
it's the resellers that set the end price, if they feel they can get a
away with 399 EUR for a Duet ( $520 excl. taxes at 1.55 dollars for a
Euro ) they will charge it.

Regards,
Peter