MrSinatra;279685 Wrote:

> however, what i meant was that most people, and most rips via lame or
> whatever, don't include the tag by default.

That's because it's optional and based on user preference. How you want
albumsort is certainly different than how I want it, so there's no
"standard" value, unlike something such as track title.

> i see "albumsort" like "compilation" or other various 'extra' tags...
> they may be standard via some standards body, but they aren't commonly
> enacted by default on rips.

I'm pretty sure iTunes adds TCMP/COMPILATION to rips, so that one at
least is standard for a lot of people.

> i'm not sure if one can enable them by default on a rip, maybe you can
> configure EAC to do so...  but mine doesn't do it.

You sure can, EAC lets you add whatever tags you like as the whole FLAC
command line is configurable. What's more, you have the tokens you
probably need (artist name, album name, year) right there too.

What puzzles me is what you did before SC7? My understanding is that
the only way to affect sort order on SS6 was via albumsort tags, so
most people who care about such things already have them in their
collections. Personally I'm happy with alphabetical.

--
radish