fgallina;279816 Wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> Yes, I'm 100% sure there no firewall getting in the way of those ports,
> although I had the same suspicion that it has to be something related to
> that. I ran a packet sniffer today and noticed that there isn't much
> traffic on port 3483 between the controller and the server, but what is
> being sent is just broadcasting the name of the server, because the
> server name is visible in plain text, and the packets are being sent
> regardless of whether a connection is requested.
>
> I talked to Anoop from tech support and he was very helpful in trying
> to help me figure out what's going on, but we're still not there yet. I
> send an extract from my packet sniffer to see if that might help, since
> there are messages being sent on other ports that don't make sense to
> me.
>
> Thanks, and I'll keep updating this thread as I learn more.
>
> Frank

Glad you're in touch with Anoop.  Hopefully he can get you up and
running.

I did some additional looking into the problem for my end, and found
that the controller does all its communications with the server via
port 9000.  Only the players use 3483 right now.  I'm starting to
believe that there may simply be a fault in the hardware.  I did
consider one additional test we can try... it would isolate the AP from
the mix.

Can you try your set up completely wired?  Put the server and the SBR
on the same ethernet switch, and then use the "bridged installation"
mode to have the SBC connect to the network via a bridged ad-hoc
connection with the SBR.  The User Guide covers this setup, if you need
more information.

This will simplifies the network and gives us a "known" wireless
connection for the controller.  If that still doesn't work, I'd
recommend that we replace your Duet and bring your unit back in for
more extensive testing.

If that *does* work, then we have a pretty good idea that the problem
is in the Controller / wireless access point connection.

I really appreciate your patience and willingness to work with us on
this.  Hopefully your efforts will help us prevent this from happening
to other users when we finally do figure out the root cause.

-=> Jim

--
JimC

"well, she wasn't all of that, but she sure was some of that."  --
BKlaas' college buddy