Sorry if this reads like a noob question, but I have used SlimServer for
a number of years with almost no problems and fast response times to all
actions.

However... recently updated to the Slimcenter version and oh dear, all
is not well.  It now takes ages to load every time I open a browser (it
is one of my default load pages in IE 7.0), adding songs to the now
playing list used to be instantaneous, it is now interminably slow, and
worst of all iexplore now hangs on to (roughly) 200+ Mb of system memory
making everything else run slow.

I dont have a top spec PC, but it is not exactly slow normally, and
installing SlimCenter is the only thing changed.

Has anyone else experienced this, and can anyone give me a better
solution than uninstall and reinstall an older version of SlimServer
(as opposed to SlimCenter).

Any help gratefully received.

--
bugman