I've been dying for a device (or set of devices) like the Duet! I
originally got myself the D-Link DSM-320, which was a mess of a
machine. I've tried everything under the sun since then- Windows Media
Center, Sansa Connect (Yeah, mp3 player as my livingroom entertainment
center). I can't aford the sonos- but this looks like it's got FAR MORE
promise than the sonos- and it's a small fraction of the cost!

Out of curiousity- what part of this project is open source? The actual
code on the handheld device?

I'm excited by the idea of open souce because that means better
features .. FASTER! but it also means that the community won't just
die. Every other technology I've been trying to jump on that does
similar things is closed- and the companies (Dlink, even logitech's DJ,
Yahoo Music) they stop supporting something about 2 weeks after I buy it
and I'm stuck alone and sad.

So I'm going to buy one of these in the next few weeks (gotta save) and
I have every intention of buying a few receivers (a few zones!) oh gawd
I am going to spend all my paychecks on this!!! Is anybody else nearly
as excited as I am??

--
FredFredrickson