OK, I'm in the group that received the initial shipments of Duet (a
pre-order wait-lister) and my Controller falls squarely into the
'flakey' category.

-- I've seen the spinning > symbol
-- I've seen the wireless icon be white, blue, red and maybe a purple
in there as well
-- I've seen the 'no player found' issue where it goes back to three
menu choices only
-- I've seen it flake out right in my hand while browsing the menus
while attached to a playing Transporter, and have to reconnect it to
the WiFi

Like many here, I suspected an aging AP (Apple AP Extreme that's 5+ yrs
old), so I run right out and buy a shiny new Time Capsule. Well, that
breaks everything (see separate thread; I'm ready for the fix any
time). So, I now have to run two APs, one just for the music system.

WiFi for music: D-Link DI-524, latest fw, WPA2 keys
SC 7.0.0 GA, Debian (Ubuntu Server)
All firmwares are GA release
Duet & Transporter

--