Can someone in the know explain what it is that SC does in the "Clear
Library" part of choosing to Clear Library and Rescan Everything?

The process works, however, prior to beginning the actual library scan
process I find SC doing what seems to be a large amount of work on the
existing DB, much more than I'd expect from a DROP tables/ recreate
tables type scenario.  From the amount and duration of local disk
activity I'm presuming that SC doesn't simply drop and recreate the
tables.  If this is the case, what is the underlying rationale?

--
egd

Internet forums: conclusive proof depth of gene pool is indeed variable,
monkeys can be taught to cut code, and world peace is utterly
unrealistic...