slimkid;288839 Wrote:
> In the meantime, I have found another 2 issues with this functionality.
> I think it is so broken that it has past the point where it makes sense
> to raise bugs. It needs serious shakedown. First somebody who really
> understands the complexity of tagging to develop a business case and
> set of clear requirements, and then somebody to go through the code and
> clean it up.

can you please document the problems you found?  i think it is well
worth it if only to save people like me from a lot of frustration.

imo, the first problem is in SC7 / itunes "integration."  there should
be no "integration" with any program b/c i think it leads to other
issues like the ones we are seeing here.  basically, SC7 should have
certain reasonable generic assumptions about someones setup, and then
act in predictable ways based on typical tag data (or whatever).

secondly, i think the main thing that needs to happen right now, is
someone at slim needs to become the czar of all these related issues
and hammer them out.  they could start by taking the current option
"list albums by band" and eliminating it, and replacing it with the
following two options:

1. SORT albums via the TPE2 tag, aka the band tag, or in some software
the albumartist tag.

2. when displaying albums in a list, use the TPE2 tag for the artists
name.

(number 2 above is what the current "list albums by band" option does
now, and is necessary in case people want to sort by band, but use TPE1
tags to identify the artists)

SLIM DEVICES, or the community, what say you?

--
MrSinatra

www.LION-Radio.org
Using:
Squeezebox2 (primary) / SBR (secondary) / Jive - w/SC 7.0.1beta - Win
XP Pro SP2 - 3.2ghz / 2gig ram - D-Link DIR-655