gharris999;290361 Wrote:
> Eventually, the SBC is supposed to be capable of local audio playback
> through it's headphone jack..yes?  Will this happen with the current
> generation of SBC hardware? (I.e. this feature is just waiting on
> further squeezeos and squeezeplay development...yes?)  Or will we have
> to wait for a new generation of SBC hardware in order to get this
> feature?
Yes, the current SBC hardware can handle playback through the headphone
jack. It has a DAC that is presently used for the SBC sound effects for
different actions. During the beta period someone had squeezeslave
working on the SBC to stream -- IIRC it came out of both the headphone
jack and the little speaker on the back.

--
aubuti