>Is this circle-jerk ever going to end and see Fast-Forward and Rewind
>implemented for the Squeezebox?  It takes all of a second for anyone
>familiar with other audio equipment to realize that functionality is
>completely missing.

Existing functionality works fine for me; in fact I found it extremely useful
rather than a play thing, and quite similar to other audio equipment and some
software apps.

What is being proposed is a change to the functionality, not to implement
missing functionality.  If you find that fast-forward is currently completely
missing, maybe you are using transcoded audio (the change doesn't fix that)?

Phil