MrSinatra you have a couple of valid points. I don't have DRM on the
tracks I am playing however they are aac encoded. I will try it with an
MP3 file and see how it goes. I will also try a direct ethernet cable
with the PC (currently it is wireless). Ths should eliminate some of
the variables. If I was a betting man I would think that the ethernet
cable will solve the problem. For the only reason that the receiver
plays the music perfectly when I place it next to the PC.

I will try both and let you know how it goes. thanks for the advice.

--
milesbeverley