Hang on, what exactly is the problem here? I thought the issue was that
the ReadyNAS already had something listening on 9000 which was
preventing SC coming up? If so, the PC you're connecting from has
nothing to do with it (likewise sysinternals as they only do Windows
stuff last time I checked!). If you can get a shell on the NAS you
should be able to use "netstat -a" to see what's using what.

If the problem is on the PC side, then 9000 has nothing to do with it.

> if you mean the dianostic on the blank ie page is "192.168.1.107 is not
> setup to establish a conection to port 9000 with this computer.
Is that IP the address of the PC or the NAS? If it's the PC, then I'd
look at any kind of firewall or security stuff on the NAS itself.

--
radish