Perhaps usage has something to do with it, although from day one my
setup has been:

1) Static IP for both the Duet Receiver and Duet Remote (x.x.x.120 and
x.x.x.121 respectively).

2) Mac ID filtering for my network, with both MAC IDs put on the
"allowed" list.

3) Using D-Link Router with Belkin Wireless Extender, so not a simple
wireless setup.

4) Computer on 24/7, but periodic re-boots

I found with SC 7.0 and the last remote firmware allowed with SC 7.0,
the common issues found:
1) Spinning Arrow
2) Red icon after a long playing session
3) Blue icon after leaving the remote in the cradle overnight
4) Random power-ons of the receiver
5) No caching of album covers, so looks like covers are being
downloaded each time with a delay
6) Random loss of connectivity to SC, where all the menu options
disappear
7) Disconnect between remote and receiver (remote shows not playing,
receiver is playing)

After upgrading to 7.01 and remote firmware v2223, all the above
problems are gone.  And I haven't touched any of the usage mentioned
above (i.e. no network changes, etc.)

Graeme

--
gboz13