My parents have an SB3 and lately it's developed an issue where it fall
off the wireless network.  I found that if I shake it things begin to
work again.  I go into Current Settings to view the wireless signal
strength.  When it's off the network the signal strength is 0%, pick it
up and hold it, still 0%, give it a shake, 60%+.

To try to determine whether or not it's a problem with their wireless
router I brought over one of my SB3s and put it in the same location as
the other SB3.  Mine worked flawlessly, and theirs required the shake at
one point.  I am pretty confident that their wireless router is working
fine (my wifi enabled phone had no issues either).

Their SB3 also fails to connect to the network after a firmware upgrade
or regular restart.  Give it a shake and everything is kosher.

I'm not sure what to do, but opinions are wanted.  It was a Christmas
gift in 2006 so I have a feeling it's out of warranty.

Any thoughts?

--
4mula1

SqueezeCenter 7.0.1 + Solaris 10 x86: Because everything else would've
been easy!
http://www.last.fm/user/4mula1