slimpy;292736 Wrote:
> There is a IR sender built into the controller.
> Today it can be used to control a Squeezebox Classic or any of its
> predecessors.
> Have a look in Settings - Advanced Settings - Factory Test.
> I'm sure at some point in the future you can use the controller to
> control your amp but someone has to write the necessary code first.
But if the Receiver and Amp are bundled into a cupboard/basement/attic
out of sight (as the design of the Receiver encourages), this doesn't
help.

JimC has already acknowledged in another post that in hindsight the
lack of IR blaster capability in the Receiver was probably a mistake.
Had the Receiver been sent out to beta testers like the Controller was,
I reckon that would have been spotted very quickly.

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A