fredmeissner;292893 Wrote:
> we currently have the SlimServer setup to work with one our servers, and
> once and a while I want to play my own music collection over our good
> stereo system without having to copy my music onto the server.  Is
> there a way to do this?

Could you give us some more system details so we can answer your
question properly? As an example, do you have a wireless network in
your home that the server is on? Or can you get ethernet to your router
and second SB3. And I am not saying you need two SB3s, because you can
always move it between the two places but as an example I have my
Transporter in my listening room, Duet in the living room, an SB3 in
the bedroom, an SB3 in the den, and what I call my mobile SB3 that I
move between the shop, garage, outside deck, or anywhere I need music
but do not have an SB3 already setup.

You could use two computers but why would you? It is easier to buy a
wireless router, connect it to your server, and either move the SB3
from location to location within range of your WLAN or buy multiple
SB3s or buy a Duet with multiple SBRs. The server can easily feed music
to 10 or more Squeezebox devices over a wireless LAN while even playing
different music on each player.

--
iPhone

iPhone

Last.FM http://www.lastfm.com/user/mePhone

Media Room:
Transporter, Vandersteen Quatro Signature, Ayre MX-R Mono Blocks, VTL
TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, VCC-5 Reference Center Channel, four VSM-1
Signatures, Runco 710, RAM Oppo DV970HD, VeraStarr 6.4SE

Living Room:
SqueezeBox Duet, Vandersteen Model 3A Signature, Two 2Wq subs, VCC-2,
Two VSM-1, ADCOM GTP-870HD, Cinepro 3K6SE III Gold

Bedroom:
Squeezebox 3, Thiel 2.3, NAD C370