results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=46653
Question: What should the -opposite- button do in fast-forward etc.?

- REW when in 8x-forward jumps to 2x-rewind (current behaviour)
- REW when in 8x-forward jumps to 4x-forward

I don't use FF/RW often, but to me it doesn't make sense that pushing RW
should continue to FF. I also have trouble seeing why anyone would want
to start RW'ing immediately unless they overshoot.

The important thing to me is how easy it is to get out of FF mode,
especially with seven steps up to 128x, so I'd like to see the first RW
press resume normal speed if in FF mode, and the first FF press resume
normal speed if in RW mode as well. Kind of a 'are you sure you want to
stop FF'ing and start RW'ing?'. Plus I never know whether to push pause
or play to resume, but for some reason think i could remember to push
the opposite direction once.

I haven't followed the other thread, and am not sure if there are plans
to make the Controller's wheel able to scan songs/change FF speed, but
having RW resume play would seem to work well there too. Scroll forward
until you reach the speed you want and when you reach the desired point
simply scroll backward once.

I'm probably alone on this so my feelings won't be hurt if everyone
ignores me.

--
Skunk

http://www.last.fm/user/TheSkunk/