Buffersize ?

it is larger in the laptop.
And theres differences in the SqueezeBoxes the Slimp3 and Squeezebox v1
has smaller buffers.

You can set the buffer time for radio on Both SqueezeNetwork and your
Local SqueezeCenter.
SN "players" then settings for the player then "network"
SC "settings" advanced tab then "network"

I have 3 or 4 seconds of course raising this means that you have to
wait a little longer for playback to start.
You can have up to 30 seconds this may help a lot.

Does it behaves like this on all 128kbps channels ?
can you play your ripped music lossles around 700- 1500kbps then its
not the wireless that is the problem

if some 128kps channels works fine and others don't I suspect the
internet connection itself and related problems.

And sometimes some stations have have problems needing larger buffers
than an SB provides. I can play some 320Kbps channels and some lower
rate stations justs die on me.
Thats the nature of internet radio, it is sometimes outside of yours or
Squeezenetworks control.

Just my 0.02$

--
Mnyb