jamesmadams;297675 Wrote:
> Grrrr... I've taken the plunge this week and ordered a Squeezebox Duet.
> I've been deliberating over Squeezebox/Sonos for some time, and a
> friend finally convinced me to take the plunge. I ordered via the
> Logitech website on Monday. Come today, Thursday, I had not heard a
> peep, so I phoned their e-commerce support line and spoke to a guy who
> said that basically, there was a public holiday in a few countries in
> Europe, so it hadn't been despatched yet from Germany, and he couldn't
> check any more details because the system is hosted in Switzerland and
> they weren't working today! What sort of system is this?
>
> He then said - "If you haven't heard from us by Tuesday, give us a ring
> back"! I can't believe it can take so long to get something sorted out,
> and I can't believe the slapdash approach to customer service - this is
> too long to wait for the product when they are all in stock.
>
> Has anyone else experienced poor service like this?

I'm in the same boat - ordered from Logitech UK on Tues pm, haven't
heard anything yet, but with Mayday in Eurpope and BH in UK I'm not
expecting much 'till next week.  The good news is I got 20% off, so I'm
happy to wait a few days - but not too many.

--
Ramage

T5500 1.6GHz, SC 7.0.1-18576 Win Vista, Alien 2.0
P4 2.6GHz, SC 7.0.1-17976 WinXP, Alien 2.0
P2 266MHz, ClarkConnect 4.1, SC 7.0.1-19177, Alien 2.0
AMD64x2 ubuntu 8.04, SC 7.0.1~19294, Alien 2.0