This may be obvious and unhelpful, but I had this problem recently and
realized it was because of a stupid mistake I was making.  It appears
that 7.0 -- at least my installation -- defaulted not to allow
automatic rescanning for music.  You have to go into settings and turn
on the auto-rescan.  Once I did that, no more problems.

Regarding your issue of some albums not showing up after a manual
rescan, I used to have this problem before 7.0, when an album's
composer was the same as its artist.  I'm not sure if that bug has been
fixed or not, but it used to prevent that particular album from being
scanned.  The workaround is just to change the composer to something
different, and the album will get picked up.

--
darius