cybersus;298181 Wrote:
> Anybody out there research/own both?  I have been looking at sonos for a
> while, and just saw duet advertised.  Sonos certainly more expensive.
> Sonos says their remote is nicer, and that it is easier to set up a
> multi-room set up.
>
> my house is wired with ethernet and has wireless too.  I have several
> really nice sound systems throughout house.  I would like to put all
> our music on a networkable hard drive.  Can different music be played
> simultaneously in different rooms from just one hard drive??
>
> So, what's the difference in the two??  Sound quality equal?  Duet is
> 48hz--is sonos 96?
>
> thanks!!

Hi,

I have both system installed in my company. Sound wise, I prefer the
Slimdevices and btw, the SONUS is not 96kHz - no advantage over the
Slimdevices.

The SONUS system is better integrated and gives you an analog input as
well on each client - that can be important if you want to play some of
your older equipment through the system.

The user interface is very nice and easy to understand. One can use
NAPSTER here in Europe - The Suqeezenetwork is not really nice to us
Europeans :-)

Even so, it sounds like the SONUS is the the winner, I still prefer the
Slimdevices to work with. First of all, I also have the Transporter as
well and that one does 96kHz, second argument is that the Slimdevices
are much smaller and if you buy yourself a small amp from Project (with
Flying Mole Class-D), you get a really neat solution. Ah, and of course
the Slimdevices are cheaper by far.

I must admit that I also like to be part of the development of
Slimdevices. I don't remember any other system that is so open and
takes so much input from the community. It's a sort of fun and a thrill
to deal with such new things. SONUS is more boring. You switch in on and
it works.

I hope that does not sound too paranoid...

Best regards

Karl-Heinz

--
finkaudio