Hi
I've just upgraded my Squeezecenter to the latest version on Windows XP
(SP2). I'm running a central server, my music resides on a NAS which is
accessable on a network drive z:\Jukebox. Under this drive, iTunes is
storing all Artists-Albums. I already could scan the directory, but
none of my songs could get played on my Squeezebox 3. Most of the songs
are MP3, I know the Apple tunes songs don't play ("can't play" - message
on Squeezebox). But surprisingly I could see all of the music listed in
Squeezecenter and on the Squeezebox.
I now deleted and rescanned the whole library because of duplicate and
inconsistent entries, therefore I unchecked the "iTunes" option and
just scanned the music folder. Result was 0 music found! I then checked
the scan log file which says:
[08-05-01 15:43:25.3287] MPEG::Audio::Frame::broken (620) Warning: Use
of uninitialized value in right bitshift (>>) at
C:\PROGRA~1\SQUEEZ~1\server\lib/MPEG/Audio/Frame.pm line 620, <$mpeg>
chunk 6.
I think this could be the reason for not playing any MP3 song?
I'm now scanning again my library while iTunes is running, with the
option "iTunes" on. It's finding the music again, but I am wondering if
I can play it afterwards? Can someone understand the error message from
the scanner? Why can't Squeezebox play MP3 anymore? Internet radio is
working fine.
Thanks for any help! Cheers, Lakeside

--
Lakeside