OK. do you have a link to the Developers forum. I think it's an issue
worth raising. As you say, a lot of table activity takes place at run
time which would not be necessary if the Playlist table was used as a
'Notepad' type table which had been built from the 'Catalog' tables.
This goes back to my original point that we wait for hours for a scan
while it builds the Catalog and then it uses the catalog to build the
Playlist. After all that, at run time, it goes through all the same
hoops again. It's simply not needed - the Playlist should simply play
the tracks/files selected and not have to check back through the
Catalog.

--
larrettp