ds2021;302214 Wrote:
> Pippin, I have always felt that simultaneous control of multiple players
> was a feature that was overlooked in the various control mechanisms that
> exist. It looks like iPeng is the first to really take a stab at solving
> this, an effort which I applaud.
>
> How difficult is it to turn this into an application for a jailbroken
> iphone/ipod touch? I know the question has been raised before, and with
> the considerable development you have put into this, I imagine it must
> cross your mind.

Technically: depends
Legally: impossible. I am working on an app based on the "official"
iPhone SDK and the license agreement does not allow me to build an app
for a jailbroken iPhone then.
So you will have to be patient until Apple releases the 2.0 firmware.

On the technical side: All the "NowPlaying" stuff is pretty
straightforward since this is JavaScript anyway and uses the CLI
commands to communicate with the server.
Browse pages are more difficult, here the CLI does not support as much
as the TemplateToolkit but the "core" functionality will be there and
Erland and one of the features of the plugin part of iPeng is, that
plugins can add stuff here, too.

--
pippin

---