Sounds like you're on the right road, but have you installed
SoftSqueeze? I think you have to have a player attached for the right
panel to perform correctly. So, if you haven't already, open up
Softsqueeze and get it started playing some music.

Building a playlist can be done from either the Web UI, SoftSqueeze,
the SB3 remote (when you get it), or even a Controller (which neither
of us have...yet). My preference is to use the Fishbone Skin in the Web
UI and build my playlists there, but try a couple of different ways to
find your favorite.

HTH,

SS

--