brucesee;302237 Wrote:
> Thanks everyone.  A bit of follow-up witb MC, please.  I figured that
> SqueezeCenter and the Duet Controller could be programmed to scroll the
> comment fields (in fact, prior to my going FLAC, last week, I had
> Squezze set to run iTunes and all comments scrolled no problem).
> Problem is, I'm just not picking up the field at all.  So, 2 questions
> (if you don't mind):  (1) what exactly have you done in terms of
> programming to SqueezeCenter to enable the scrolling comments; and (2)
> what program do you use for tagging?  Thanks.
I have no idea why you cannot view the Comment field in your tracks. If
you want to stick a (short) example file somewhere where I can pick it
up I'll have a look.

Otherwise just to quickly correct something above. The great thing
about the Controller is that it shows the comment field in Track
Details by default and the Comment text fills the whole screen, so no
need for horizontal scrolling.

The Comment field shows by default when you view track details in the
SqueezeCenter web gui. There is no configuration required.

To get the Comment field to show on your player display is more
interestingand how you do it depensds upong what you want.... you may
want the Now Playing screen saver to display it for instance. The main
thing is to add the Commment fields in SC/Settings/Interface/Title
Format. Once you've done this you can choose to have it display in your
player.

Michael Hergers wonderful MusicInfo plugin increases your options for
Now Playing/Comment etc and will increase the possibilities open to
you.

I use MP3Tag for tagging. I think it's pretty perfect.

MC

--
ModelCitizen

SB+ > Bryston 4BSST > PMC OB1s.