This has been bugging me for quite a while now - in fact since I
upgraded from slimserver6.5.4 to squeezecentre 7. I think I finally
cracked it tonight, please let me know if this helps anyone else!

In the end I discovered that the 2 new services added by the
installation were interfering with each other. Both Squeezecenter
Service and SqueezeMySQL were added as "Automatic" starting services.
The SqueezeMySQL service was always in a state of "Stopping..." but
never stopped! So I killed the MySQLd process. That stopped it. I
noticed that if I started the SqueezeCenter Service then the
SqueezeMySQL service also started gracefully by itself and the whole
thing was running OK. So my fix was to change the SqueezeMySQL service
to be a "Manual" startup service. Now the SqueezeCenter service starts
it up automatically. I think they were fighting with each other at boot
time.

I hope this helps.

Hamish.

--