My folder being watched contained just shortcuts to different drives. I
removed them and did and 'clear & rescan'. I then got into a spot of
bother where the scanner went into an endless loop. I then uninstalled
SC and reinstalled. The server would then not start! Event viewer
indicated that there was a problem with SQL. I then uninstalled and
installed 7.1. No joy. I then uninstalled and reinstalled 7.01 and
miraculously the server started. I then did a 'clear and rescan', which
cleared my library. I then reintroduced the shortcuts to my folder which
SC automatically scanned and hey presto all my artwork appeared!

However, I am not confident that future albums added will include the
thumbnails.

--
Daren