patrija wrote:
> Hi. Yes, I'd like the ability to run both systems at the same time and
> playing the same music.
>
> My main listening area I want to run analog signals from the
> transporter. I plan to use the transporter's XLR and RCA at the same
> time.
>
> In the home theater I use the Diva for digital processing, so I'm
> planning to use a digital connection from the transporter.
>
> Question: Do the XLR, RCA, and Digital all output at the same time?
> I've read the XLR/RCA do, but have not found anything on the digital
>
> Question: I believe my only downside to the above plan is lack of
> volume control between the transporter and the music room amplifier.
> For now I'll have to use the transporter volume control.

You are missing the point I am trying to make:

Will there be a noticeable difference between the out put of the DAC on
the transporter and your home-theater-amp?  I'm not talking about how
good it sounds - I'm talking about delay.

There's bound to be some difference - will that be a problem?  It might
sound like you are in a stadium.  Or it might not be noticeable.

Look, the DAC is a computer thing.  One chip maker might buffer up 1024
bytes and another 2048.  If you are sampling at 42KHz thats a difference
of about 1/40 of a second.  Not much.  But I'm just guessing at the
numbers.  If the difference was more like 32K bytes verses 64K, now the
difference is more like 3/4 of a second.

Also, do you rip to FLAC?  The transporter should be able to directly
decode FLAC, but what will the transporter output on the SPDIF port?
Anyone know? I would think FLAC isn't supported much if at all in the
commercial world.

Try it, see if it works.