I uncommented the "testing" depot in /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb http://debian.slimdevices.com testing main

...in hopes that the testing version would magically work. It didn't,
but I got a warning that may help debug the problem generally. I don't
know much about AppArmor, but based on this message I suspect that it
might be what is getting in the way:

Preparing to replace squeezecenter 7.0.1 (using
.../squeezecenter_7.0.2~19924_all.deb) ...
Stopping SqueezeCenter Audio ServerNo squeezecenter_s found running;
none killed.
.
Unpacking replacement squeezecenter ...
Setting up squeezecenter (7.0.2~19924) ...
Reloading AppArmor profiles Warning: found
/etc/apparmor.d/force-complain/usr.sbin.mysqld, forcing complain mode
: done.

Hope that helps to debug,
-Max

--