Yes, I actually tried deleting the entire parent folder. EXACTLY the
same result. There is also a SqueezeCenter folder in the same parent
folder, BTW.

By the way I also notice that my earlier comment, "...Octavian, am I
right in thinking that in your case the scanning never stops, while in
my case it stops IMMEDIATELY?" is incorrect.

My system is also, in fact, scanning indefinitely. Under 7.0.0, viewing
the Scanner Progress pane shows me the scanning process going through
several tens of thousands of iterations, which it ultimately completes
(I presume this is some kind of representation of the number of items
in the music folder). Under 7.0.1 it says it has 749 iterations to go,
and never completes the first of them. One filename shows up as the
last one scanned and stays there. That file name doesn't look
particularly odd, though it has both square and regular brackets in
it.

--Richard E

--
relen