daverich4;309038 Wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. However, as I stated in my original post, when I
> reset the receiver and go back through the setup, I'm not getting the
> choice to use ethernet. At the point in the directions where it says,
> "Next you'll get to choose between wireless and ethernet" the receiver
> just connects to my wireless connection and everything is the same as
> when I started.
I've had all sorts of fun and games with this issue, and there are two
things you might want to check:

1. When holding down the front button to do a factory reset, it's
important to hold it down long enough that the LED starts flashing red
*quickly*. It initially starts flashing slowly, and that's not enough.
I spent a long time scratching my head over that one before I
discovered the distinction.

2. I found one of my ethernet switches that the SBR simply refused to
talk to. Presumably it was a simple incompatibility between ethernet
chipsets. I swapped it for a different switch and it was fine.

Oh, and one other thing: it might be necessary to do a Controller
factory reset as well. I don't know if it's necessary, but I seem to
recall doing it many times when I was floundering, so it might be that
it helped.

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A