Have thought of that but not tested. There are a few different thumbnail
formats required for the duet, so some resampling will always be
required. If resampling time is directly related to pixel count then
resampling to 25x25 (small thumbnail) would take 25x longer with
500x500 than 100x100, so worth a try.

Ultimately, it took me a long while to get good quality cover art for
my collection. Squeezebox isn't the only front-end - I also use a media
center, so don;t want to throw it all away.

Would have though that even the processor in the ReadyNas could cope
with this - it's not rocket science after all.

What perl modules are being used? Can they be replaced?

--
cwinson