I have been using Slimserver successfully for a number of years and
recently upgraded to Sqeezecenter. I am now experiencing buffering
problems, basically music plays but fades then starts again etc. I have
not changed any connections and my Slimserver is connected by Cat 5
cable. I recorded my music recorded as .wma (lossless) but now shows up
as wm(TM)audio don’t know what the difference is and I have searched the
net for the answer. Can anybody help with this?

I have downloaded Switch Sound file converter and have converted some
files
to .wma at 128kpps,44kHz,stereoCBR, 160kpps,44kHz,stereoCBR,
192kpps,44kHz,stereoCBR, 256kpps,44kHz,stereoCBR and
320kpps,44kHz,stereoCBR and these have played. I have also converted
two albums to OGG Vorbis at level 6 and 8 and both play without a
problem. So it looks like I need to convert all my files.? However this
leaves me with the problem of converting each album individually and I
have over 900 albums stored. Does anyone know of any software that will
covert batches of albums? Also what would be the best audio file to
covert to .wma at 320kpps,44kHz,stereoCBR or OGG Vorbis at level 8?

--
Tom18