YOU'LL HAVE TO LET SC FINISH ITS SCAN BEFORE SHUTTING DOWN SC.

Yes, and this is normally the case.  If I restart SC afterwards, all is
fine.  However, the next time there is a change to my music file
directory (for example, with a podcast), the whole process starts
again.

In Slimserver, there was an option to choose "Do not scan my library or
playlists", and this worked fine.  I could choose manually when I wanted
it to rescan, but I cannot fine any option for this in SC.  Thus,
scanner.exe keeps starting anytime there is a change (or when I restart
my computer after a change).

Many thanks,
David

--