Siduhe;311727 Wrote:
> Yes, I do have SC pointed to my audio library and reload cache has
> always worked fine for me.  However, I seem to remember someone posting
> that Reload Cache works well in Windows but not half so well in Linux -
> could that be relevant to you?  Whilst I love MIP and (touch wood) have
> been pretty lucky with it, it does have a flavour of "dark arts"... ;-)

Thanks, I am running it under Linux.  I'll experiment with a small
subset of my library to see if there is something I can do about it.
One way that would work (albeit a bit contrived) is to access the NAS'
m3lib via a mount from Ubuntu that replicates the exact path to the
file on the NAS.  After copying the new albums across to the NAS I
could then use genpuid to analyse the tracks and use MiP headless's
m3lib on on the NAS as the database to append, following which a
refresh should achieve the desired result.

--
egd

Internet forums: conclusive proof depth of gene pool is indeed variable,
monkeys can be taught to cut code, and world peace is utterly
unrealistic...