lork;311762 Wrote:
> I did everything you wrote, egd (and many thanks for excellent
> instructions)
>
> However, having done all that, I cannot open http://localhost:10002.
> Firefox says "cannot establish a connection with...".
My apologies, I should have tested it before posting it.  I left out a
minor little detail...actually having BUM activate mmserver.  Run BUM
again, select Advanced, activate the Services tab and scroll down to
mmserver.  Make sure there is a tick in the Activate field (it's not
enabled by default).  I've tested this on my Ubuntu PC and MiP is now
up and running.  Time for me to update the Wiki.

lork;311762 Wrote:
> FWIW, I did edit mmm.ini to include my key (I paid the $20). Not sure if
> that could mess anything up (I used the text editor). I used OpenOffice
> to edit mmserver, & saved as text.  No need to register to use headless, but
> I'm sure they appreciate the
moola nontheless.

--
egd

Internet forums: conclusive proof depth of gene pool is indeed variable,
monkeys can be taught to cut code, and world peace is utterly
unrealistic...