bpa;312819 Wrote:
> A lot of people use faad without any problem so it may be a build issue
> rather faad per se. Your version of faad seems to be very old - 2.5 is
> the current version.
>
> You should compare the output of faad between command line and pipe
> (i.e binary comapre song.wav and songstd.wav) to comfirm there is a
> difference.
>
> faad song.m4a
>
> faad -w song.m4a >songstd.wav

The only reason I had the old version is because that was actually
marked as the current stable version in Gentoo.  Version 2.6.1-r1 was
masked because it was considered unstable, but I forced the upgrade and
it is working great for me so far.

Just for the record, I did compare the output as you described and
while the file sizes only differed by 1 byte, the contents were very
different after the first few bytes.

-r

--
rdefelice