Okay, bear with me, a little rant before the actual problem.

So I left my home to take a 2 year contract with a few return trips
here and there... While I was away the raid array on my linux server
had 2 drives fail causing me to lose my main music archive (not a
complete disaster as I still had my USB drive with most of it on).

When I finally returned home my Squeezebox had magically lost its
remote control (again, not a complete disaster, I have a Harmony 885).

Then I discover that my Harmony refuses to charge anymore, okay I'm
getting pissed now, but at least everything is recoverable...

Anyway, I finally picked up a cheap ass universal remote control today,
I figured I can just program it to be a jvc dvd player remote, install
slimserver on my newly rebuilt system and away I go... I wish it were
that simple.

So, my home networks SSID has changed since I last used the squeezebox
and now when I power it on it says hit the right button to configure,
then it times out and says connecting to wireless network, then it goes
to sleep...

I've been through every JVC DVD remote control code I can find and
nothing will get the damn thing to wake up.

I've checked my wireless router and it doesn't show any connection from
the squeezebox.

I've checked my slimserver and it doesn't show any connection from the
squeezebox.

So, here's my actual question, will the squeezebox respond to JVC DVD
player controls or does it have to be configured and able to see a
slimserver first?

Any help would be superb as I'm about to down a whole bottle of jack
and just forget about the whole damn shambles...

Thanks all

Seri

--
salnajjar