radish;314452 Wrote:
> Things to check:
>
> 1) The player(s) must be connected to the SC instance and must be
> controllable via the web interface. If this doesn't work, fix it
> first.
> 2) You must have open firewall ports for (at least) 9000 & 3483 between
> the two nets, assuming you haven't changed any default ports. Must also
> be routable (of course).
> 3) The SBC won't discover the server (and neither will the players -
> see step 1!) but if you enter the IP manually it should connect.
> 4) Make sure the players aren't connected to SN.
>
> If you still have issues please post back and let us know more
> specifics about exactly what you're doing and what happens.

1) okay and using it daily without problems
2) firewall ports are open, double-checked
3) I agree, but when I enter the
4) verified and 200% sure

what i do is, I start the remote (connected to a test SC on my lan), I
go to settings - music source - other servers, add the same IP as i can
enter on my browser, e.g http://77.xx.xx.xx:9000 - then i try to click
the IP, but nothing happens .. it just scrolls a few pixel to the right
and then back again.

i try to connect with SBC to classic squeezebox.

--
Klaus