Yes, my SB3 is presently at home.
When not streaming music (from server also at home), I like to turn off
my server.  Its quieter that way, and I can sleep better.
But I also like use the Weather Plugin on SB3 (dimmed), even when home
server is off.
Or listen to a radio stream, or use the SB3 alarm, ...
When not listening to locally served music, I'd like to connect to a
different SC at work, where I have a server running 24/7.
IP address at work is dynamic, but also uses a dyn-dns service.
(Actually, we use no-ip.com, but they all work much the same way.)
So, how to do ?
Or is this one of the few disadvantages of the SB, that it can only
work when tethered to a local SC server that is actually switched on ?

--
bluegroper