Yes Phil, that was my post as well.  First with 7.0 and now with 7.0.1,
I cannot run the server.  I tried to search for similar problems
described in the forum.  While some come close to mine,   no solution
seems to be working.

Then I tried to downgrade to 6.5.4.  Well, it starts fine now but it
cannot see all the music in my iTunes library.  (I run iTunes 7.6.2
(9)).  All music files are on the local drive of the machine where the
server is running.

This has been a heck of a frustrating experience.  One day, SlimServer
tells me that there is a new version and prompts me to install it.  I
do so (version 7) and it wont start any more.  I downgrade to what
worked before and can't find the music anymore.  In the meantime I am
staring at $1,000 worth of squeezeboxes around the house that sit dark
and useless.  It's quite frustrating.

--
lgreco