Hi all,

I'm running a Virtual Server 2005 machine on my server, so I can run an
additional SqueezeCenter server on the same machine.

I have an external drive attached to the host server, shared over the
network, and the Virtual Machine accesses this via it's network.

Now the problem I'm having is when I browse the music folder on the
"virtual" Squeeze Server, it takes a long time to populate one of my
subfolders, which contains a good 60gig of MP3s in artist\album folder
structure, and I get "Loading Music Folder........" for about 20
seconds on the Squeezebox. It doesn't do this on my other, old
SqueezeCenter server, which was on another PC but the same folder of
files (not a virtual machine).

Could it be the networking in Virtual Server 2005 causing the slowness?
In that it's gotta pretty much "loop back"? Anyone had any experience
with this?

Hope this makes sense!

--
hcanning