> Do I miss something? Or is some of the translation I couldn't modify?

There are indeed a few items which are localized in the Controller's
firmware. These are similar files found here:
http://svn.slimdevices.com/7.1/trunk/squeezeplay/src/squeezeplay/share/applets/NowPlaying/?root=Jive

But you're right: as long as we don't include these with the SBC firmware
you'll have a hard time localizing them :-(.

If you're comfortable editing files on the Controller's filesystem (you
can SSH into it), you could get this going, though. Search the filesystem
for any strings.txt file.

I'm sorry I can't help you further right now. But I'll be back in about a
week. Please let me know if you need further help. We'd be happy to have
Chinese (or any other language) on our products!

Michael